Saturday, April 4, 2009

Setapak Prawn Mee

Malaysia politics suck........no eye see, lets eat! This is one of our brunch eating place, Setapak Prawn Mee and of course is in Setapak, Jalan Pahang, opposite the SRJK Chung Hwa and this vacant shopping mall called Gallaria as the pic shown below : Very simple and clear menu with picture and price. They have many varieties of prawn mee eg. Big Prawn, normal size prawn, abalone, fried pig intestine(炸猪肠), fish slice and pork ribs and etc.
Hubby and I ordered the same Prawn Mee. The last time hubby ordered Abalone Prawn Mee (RM18.00 per bowl) and it did not taste good and with that price I think they gave fake abalone. And we did not ask for pork ribs either because we find it weird to eat prawn mee with pork ribs.
Our drinks, kopi-o ice and barley.
This was my prawn mee. The soup was not the clear type and I find it a bit sweet. Lack of prawn aroma in the soup but lucky they sprinkled home made fried onion instead of the mass produce type. I think the prawn mee just taste average only.


Next to this Setapak Prawn Mee is Tan Kee Prawn Mee which has been around very much longer than this Setapak Prawn Mee. They are also famous for their pork ribs prawn mee which I find is too oily.



P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: