Wednesday, May 20, 2009

PAPPA KOPITIAM - Selayang Mall, KL

Over the last ten years, there are so many cafes mushrooming all over major cities of Malaysia. I remember during the good old days, upmarket coffee drinking places usually will be at the hotel lounge or coffee house. Then we were introduced to Coffee Bean, Starbucks etc. Later, the local entrepreneur came out with many localised cafes equipped with air-cond and wi-fi environment and the most successful so far I think is Oldtown Cafe.

Initially, I really like Oldtown Cafe as a change from the old, hot and not so hygienic 'kopitiam'. But nowadays, I don't like that place as the food is not tasty and the milk tea has too much milk added. The only reason I go there because they are almost everywhere and the price is still reasonable. Luckily, there are a few cafes nearby my place besides the Oldtown and Pappa Kopitiam is one of them. It is located at the lower ground floor of the Selayang Mall in Taman Utama Selayang.






These are our drinks. 1st son had Black Jelly Ice (Cincau Ais) - RM4.50, 2nd son had Iced Lemon Tea (RM4.50) and Kopi-O (RM2.60) for myself.

This Nasi Lemak (RM8.90) is very tasty and not as dry as the Oldtown's.


This Dried Koay Teow Prawn (RM8.90) is really yummy.

But this Chicken Chop (RM12.80) is really disappointing. I don't like my chop served with rice, I am not Jap/Korean although many people say I look like one if I keep my mouth shut. The Jap/Korean like to have everything served with rice. I prefer they serve with butter/bread or mashed potatoes instead.

This is Soy Milk with Glutinous Ball (RM4.90). Three type of filling ie red bean, groundnut and black sesame inside each one of the ball. This is good and definitely will order this whenever we come here.

Overall the food taste better than The Oldtown but the price is more expensive. But I find the place a bit dark and hope they will brighten up the place a little. Definitely will go back there again!



P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: