Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Coconut Drink - Kelapa Pandan

My mother and I love coconut drink a lot. I remember once we went to Thailand, we had the coconut drink from day till night whenever we passed by any coconut stall. They are selling cheap too, about 20baht per coconut. Thai coconut is smaller and very sweet.

In the street of KL especially around the housing area, small trucks selling coconut like the picture below are quite common. There is one around my son's school and I buy a few for my family as coconut has cooling effect like herbal tea.

The boss sells two type of coconut, they are Kelapa Mawar and Kelapa Pandan. Kelapa Mawar is bigger but not sweet. Kelapa Pandan is smaller, sweeter and it is more fragrant (like daun pandan smell).

Load of coconuts in his small truck.
One coconut is RM3 and four for RM10. I bought four. I ask the boss to cut the coconut in a way so I can easily open it at home. He applies some 'asam' on the surface of the coconut and according to him this will keep the coconut fresh for three days without refrigerated. Anyway, I chill all the coconut straight away upon reaching home because I prefer to drink it cold especially with the recent hot weather.




P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: