Monday, May 11, 2009

Butterfly Farm - Lake Garden , KL

After Vesak Praying, I took my children to sweat out in Butterfly Farm in Lake Garden, KL. Actually, both of my boys were indecisive as to go to the Bird Park or Butterfly Farm but finally the eldest son said he wants to see giant millipede in the Insect Section of the Butterfly Farm so there we go.

The farm is covered with net to prevent butterflies/moths flying away.




That day was not very sunny but there are many trees and plants provide shady path for walking.



A small area for turtles. Not impressive but at least there is something extra item besides the butterflies.



Koi Fish Pond and man made waterfall make the farm interesting.


Sword Fish Pond.


There are many different color and shape of butterflies and moths flying freely around. Some are simply drop dead on the ground, I guess their life span is short.



More butterflies..........I saw many photography enthusiast keep snapping photo and I also 'kiasu' and keep taking photo using my digital camera (of course just the normal type of camera, not the DSLR type...lah!).







Flora and Fauna. This Fragipani (Daun Pandan) provides sweet aroma to the place.





Our National Flower......Bunga Raya (Hibiscus).




There is an indoor section exhibit all the insects like Scorpion, Beetles, Grasshoppers, Millipede and many other weird but interesting kind of insects. Too bad I was not able to take picture here as my camera was run out of battery. It is really an eye opening experience to see the insect world.
The entrance fee is RM8 for adult and RM4 for children. RM1 is charged for camera and RM5 for video camera.




P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: