Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Late Afternoon Coffee Break

Instead of sipping tea and eating scones and sandwiches the English way, we Malaysian have many varieties of food to choose from when come to tea/coffee break such as Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai, Dim Sum, Roti Bakar, Tong Sui (eg red bean soup, bo bo cha cha), economy fried meehoon, yam cake and drinks we have Kopi-o, Teh Tarik, Milo and Barley.

Today's coffee break, I have my favourite childhood snack 'yu cha kueh' with hot kopi-o (black coffee) near my son's school.

My way of eating this is : dip the 'yu char kueh' into the black coffee first before eating........it is so yummyyyyyyyyyyy!

Mainland Chinese/Taiwanese eats 'yu char kueh' with Soy Milk; Hongkie eats with porridge; Malaysian eats 'yu char kueh' with coffee, tong sui, bak kut teh or kaya/jam whatever you can think of..... Yong Tau Foo even have 'yu char kueh' stuffed with fish paste.
My coffee break costs me less than RM2.....kopi-o is RM1.10 and the 'yu char kueh' RM0.60 per piece. These food is common everywhere in the street of Malaysia.


P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: