Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tian Ya Ker Mushroom Noodles - 天涯客冬菇板面

I remember the first time I ate Pan Mee was made by my Mom who learnt from my Grandma (my father's side) some 30 years ago. That time Pan Mee was not available outside and usually is a home cook food by Hokkien people. Nowadays, Pan Mee stalls are everywhere and so many different varieties eg. Ma La Pan Mian, Dried Pan Mee, Spinach Pan Mee, Seafood Pan Mee, Tom Yam Pan Pee etc etc.

I decided to try this Tian Ya Ker Pan Mee behind Jalan Raja Laut even though there is one nice Pan Mee near my office and it is Sunday (i work on Sunday too!) why not, no jam and can find parking easily.

The Pan Mee signboard was attached here but this stall is selling Tauhu Bakar and Popiah. The Pan Mee Stall is inside.

Eating soup noodles be it Assam Laksa, Curry Laksa or Prawn Mee, must taste the soup base first. If the soup is not nice, you can forget about the whole bowl of mee. This pan mee soup is very tasty. I find the Noodle too soft, I prefer al dente. Lucky the fried shallot is not the mass produce type and lots of mushroom added.

Pan Mee (RM4.00)
I ordered a piece of Popiah (RM1.50) , not bad. I don't like those popiah with lots of crunchy stuff inside.
This Pan Mee only sell soup type no dried Pan Mee. The dipping chili sauce for pan mee was not good, there was a weird kind of smell in it. I still prefer the Kin Kin Pan Mee located further down the street epsecially the sambal chili there.
Nearby the Pan Mee stall is this Suanson Cake Shop famous for its Carrot Walnut Cake.

Web Page Counters
Yahoo Dating Services

No comments: