Sunday, March 15, 2009

CHARN KEE TASTY CORNER - JLN ALOR, KL

Hubby and I usually have our brunch nearby our office area but today we decided to go further to 'cari makan' (look for food). We drove down to Jalan Alor and were very lucky to find a parking upon reaching the place.

Charn Kee Tasty Corner is the place recommended by my ex-colleague when I was working in the then Nagaria Kompleks (now Berjaya Building). I love the food here. They have Soup Dumpling, Tomyam Noodles, Dried Curry Noodles, Lam Mee and their famous Seafood Noodles.

This the front part of the shop, it is quite difficult to spot the shop as it is blocked by eating stalls (operating at night) in front of the shop.

Charn Kee is famous for its Fish Paste Seafood Noodles, a lot of 'liao' and the soup is tasty, served with their sambal belanchan........yummy!
I tried their Lam Mee for the first time, I find it lacks of certain taste. I think I still prefer their Seafood Noodles.
Their Chendol is very "SEDAP".
Outside the shop, a lady selling some very delicious Nyonya Kuih @ RM1.50 per box.
Charn Kee Tasty Corner opens from 7.30am to 4.00pm, closed on Monday. A bowl of noodles cost about RM4.50. It is located before The Sisters Rice Wine Chicken Noodles shop in Jalan Alor main road.

No comments: