Monday, May 19, 2008

HAR MEE and ABC @ Air Panas

Hubby was not feeling well...stomach upset, no appetite to eat so I go for lunch myself. It has been a very long time I 've never been to this Air Panas Market for food. I used to eat there during my school days. I was surprised some of the stalls have new owners or passed down to next generation to run the business. As a half Penang 'lang' myself, I always like to eat Hokkien Mee but these days as age is catching up , I seldom eat. But today is exception. This stall is among all the eating stalls in Air Panas, next to the football field called Ta Shu Tao means The Big Tree. I remember last time was run by the mother but now the daughters take over...I think, because the girls look like the mother.

This Hokkien Mee is not bad. The soup is clear but tasty and although the prawn is not big but overall the meal is satisfying. It costs RM3.80 for a small bowl.


Knowing I could not eat this, I take away this ABC (Ais Batu Kacang) back to office. This ABC stall is just opposite of the Hokkien Mee stall. I requested the lady to add some santan to the ABC because I feel like eating BoBo ChaCha and Chendol, so I mix everything together and it turned out not bad. This ABC cost RM2.90.


No comments: