Tuesday, May 13, 2008

DUCK KING @ JAYA ONE, PJ

Last weekend, my family went to this newly opened restaurant in Jaya One in PJ. At first we could not find the place then we asked the security guard and he showed us the way.

The side view of the restaurant.



These were what we ordered : Lala in soya bean paste, not very good as I find it too starchy but the Lala was fresh though.



This is Salted egg yolk fried with Prawn, I find it too rich for me but my family likes it, go well with rice.

This is their main dish Roasted Duck, very tasty and quite salty if eaten without rice. This is very good! My husband likes it.


They do serve white rice or sinfully tasty rice with lard. I still can remember in old days, my grandmother always keeps a small pot of lard in the cabinet (the old type cabinet with see-thru iron mesh) and whenever we find the dishes not up to our taste, we will eat white rice stir with lard, soya sauce and an egg...........it's so delicious and unhealthy!!!

Stir-fry brocolli with crab meat sauce...........this is good!

This is Sotong fried with Petai and Sambal Asam. In fact , all the dishes we ordered go well with rice.
We enjoyed our meals and my husband said that he would come back again to try the roast pork (his favourite) as it was sold out that day! Total bill was RM144 inclusive of Chinese Tea for 4.

No comments: