Saturday, September 5, 2009

Restaurant Goh Swee Kee - Georgetown, Penang

We had much good food during my family recent holiday in Penang. We went to the famous Lor Bak in Kedai Kopi Kheng Pin, Chendol and Assam Laksa in Kedai Kopi Joo Hooi, Sister's Fried Kueh Teow in Jalan Macalister, Prawn Mee in Kedai Kopi Swee Kong in Pulau Tikus, Nyonya food at Ivy's Kitchen in Jalan Burmah etc. As there are about 10 of us, so finding a table in all these small Kedai Kopi can be a headache. Sometimes we sat at seperate tables.

I think the Goh clan must be good in food business in Penang and I wonder if they are related. There have Restaurant Goh Teo Kee (Sg Ara, Gurney Drive), Goh Huat Seng (serving steamboat) and this Goh Swee Kee serving teochew dishes. We decided to have a nice meal at Restaurant Goh Swee Kee when my Penang relatives joined us for dinner in one of the nights of our 4day/3 nite stay in Penang.

We ordered many dishes that night but I only snapped a few picture of some of the food. I was shy to keep taking photo in front of my Penang's relatives.
This is Stuff Sea Cucumber : the fat sea cucumber was stuffed with mince meat in superior stock (上汤), very delicious.
Fried Prawn Dumpling, the children's favourite. The filling was very generous ; I think there were minced prawn, meat and water chestnut inside. Very good.

My brother loves this Fried Oyster, he almost ate half of the plate. These fresh, succulent oyster was fried with tauchu, chopped garlic and chili sauce, very tasty indeed.

We have about 8 dishes, besides the three above we have Homemade Tofu, Stir Fried Vegetables, Sambal Brinjals, Braised Goose and Fish ball Seaweed Soup. The total bill come out to about RM250 for 14 person inclusive of 4 soft drinks and Chinese tea for all and what more we have our favourite 'Or Nee' (Sweet Yam Paste dessert) for dessert. I think the price was very reasonable and the food is very yummy.
Restaurant Goh Swee Kee is located at Jalan Sri Bahari ( near The Ship in Georgetown branch), behind Kedai Kopi Kheng Pin (famous for Lor Bak and Chicken Rice). Telephone number is 04-2636932. The restaurant is opened for lunch and dinner. Call to make reservation especially on weekend dinners.




P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, in Penang itself, there are so many "Teochew" foods to be found every where. lol