Sunday, November 30, 2008

HAKKA ABACUS SEED 客家算盘子

This is my second time making this dish. The first time was about 20 years ago and I learned this from my sister Annie's cookbook. It is quite simple dish to make but time consuming as the seeds have to be rolled one by one manually. Just steam a yam, mash it and mix with tapioca flour and knead into a nice dough easy to roll. Then press a little in the centre to make a shape of a coin and boil it.


I add a lot of ingredients to fry ie. pork meat (mui yoke), dried mushroom, dried shrimp, woodear mushroom, dried shreded sotong, chopped chili, spring onion and chinese celery.

I fried Tanghoon too.

Stir fry Kangkung for the extra fibre required!
P/s : Annie , thank you for your cookbook. When U come bac this coming July. I definitely will cook the Hakka Abacus Seed for u....ok!



Web Page Counters
Yahoo Dating Services

No comments: