Monday, October 5, 2009

Genting Highlands - Marrybrown and Hou Mei

My two school going children had 10 days Raya holiday last month and I took them to Genting Highlands for a day trip. Actually it was a last minute plan and that's why we could not get any hotel room even though we wanted to spend a night there.

It was Thursday, we reached there about 11.30am and the place was quite crowded. After paying the entrance fees, we went in for our fun rides. There were such a long queue everywhere. My sons' gotta wait for about 30minutes - 45minutes for a ride. Lucky it was cooling, otherwise it would be very unpleasant.



Kevin got down from his seat after the ride, looking happy!

Waited about an hour for this one!!

I could hear people screamed their hearts out up there!

More scream...... more fun!

I had a cup of Nescafe (RM4.00) while waiting for my children.
We had lunch at the Marrybrown, located near the entrance. I had a Chicken A-delicious with Mushroom Sauce (RM15.50). The chicken was crispy but quite salty. Normal fast food. nothing special. 10% discount for Genting card holder.
The Genting Indoor Themed Park was packed like sardine too. My sons did not play any game as they were quite impatience with the long queue. But they wanted to go the Snow House where they will let people go in session by session. So after buying the tickets for the 7.30pm session, we went for dinner.
This was my first time eating at Hou Mei, located at the First World Hotel indoor themed park, next to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
I had Hou Mei Special Noodles Soup (RM14.00), tasteless and bland. I only ate the ham, egg and some shredded chicken and little noodles with some cut chilies in soy sauce. I almost leave the noodles untouched. The soup base was like tap water.
Kevin had Kai See Hor Fun Soup (RM14.00), he told me it was tasteless too and he kept adding soy sauce.

Sean had Roasted Chicken Rice (RM13.50) which he said it was good. Maybe because of the chilies sauce provided.

Kevin had a Mango Pudding (RM5.00) and he said it was yummy.

The total bill was RM68.15 inclusive of one hot Chinese Tea(RM2.00), one Iced Mocha RM5.80) and one Iced Lemon Tea (RM4.95). Will I come back to this place again?? Definitely NO. The menu is limited and the food is so lousy. I should have gone to Hai Nan Cafe just a few doors away (in front of Coffee Bean), where the food taste much better and have more selection of food. Otherwise the buffet at The Garden Terrace in Genting Hotel is also a very good choice.


P/S : All views and opinions expressed here are based on my own personal opinion. Nobody pay or threaten me to say good or bad things about the food I eat!!

No comments: